Full course description
Teach the Life Skills That Never Get Taught
You know how to teach students to read, write, and do math. But who is teaching kids how to think, manage emotions, handle conflicts, and make responsible decisions? These are also real world skills students will rely upon every day of their lives, and you have a chance to help students build these valuable life skills. In this self-paced, instructor-led course, you’ll learn how to incorporate social and emotional learning into your classroom. Be the difference that turns children into successful, well-rounded adults.
View the Full Course Description and Syllabus
View the Enrollment Agreements
- P-12 educators who want to integrate social and emotional learning skills into their instruction to help all learners reach their full potential.
Learn how to:
- Explore mindset and grit to shift the culture in the classroom
- Integrate social and emotional learning skills into instruction
- Create a safe and supportive learning environment
- Integrate SEL strategies into daily practice including:
- Managing emotions
- Handling conflict
- Making responsible decisions
- Relationship skills
- Engage in activities and robust conversation relevant to using a growth mindset in your own instructional practice.
- New tools to help you communicate with students and improve the way students perceive their own abilities.
- Graduate-level credits for your license renewal* that may also be transferable to other institutions.**
Meet your EDU501 Instructor: Dr. Kelly Olson Stewart
*Check your state’s specific requirements for license renewal. **Dependent upon the transfer credit policy of the receiving institution. Certain degree programs may not be available in all states.