Full course description
Teach with Confidence
Every educator wonders, at some point, if they’re really getting through to all of their students. You can take the guesswork out of your teaching by implementing standards and assessments that will provide meaningful, objective data documenting what’s working and what isn’t. In this self-paced, instructor-led course, you’ll learn about different assessment models and how to incorporate them seamlessly into your practice. Don’t wonder if you’re being effective – prove it!
View the Full Course Description and Syllabus
View the Enrollment Agreements
- P-12 educators who are interested in the relationship between standards and assessment.
- P-12 educators who are looking for methods to integrate a variety of assessment-types through data-driven decisions impacting the design of their instruction.
Learn how to:
- Explore the connection between standards and assessment
- Strengthen your own cycle of planning, assessing, and adjusting instruction to support student needs and achievement
- Focus on meeting needs of diverse learners
- Integrate assessment types for data driven instruction
- Unpack the learning standards that directly impact your own students
- Explore the use and impact of formative assessment on student learning and your instruction
- An understanding of how formative assessments support, improve, and inspire your instruction.
- Techniques to assess learning in relevant and engaging ways.
- Graduate-level credits for your license renewal* that may also be transferable to other institutions.**
Meet your EDU502 Instructor: Dr. Holly Lopez
*Check your state’s specific requirements for license renewal. **Dependent upon the transfer credit policy of the receiving institution. Certain degree programs may not be available in all states.